Monday, December 1, 2008

Road to Atlanta (Day 8)

Monday 1st December

Man cannot believe how fast this year has gone by, it's crazy! 

Decided to hit a double workout today, so I started with the long cycle and finished with some conditioning.

Training Log [day 8]

Warm-Up
-5 mins of joint mobility
-3 mins on the summit trainer
-2 arm OH swings @ 16kg's (20)
-2 arm swings @ 24kg's (20)
-2 arm swings @ 32kg's (20)
-Long Cycle @ 2x 16kg's (10)

The Workout: Long Cycle @ 2x 24kg's
-6 mins @ 4rpm (24), my longest LC set to date was in Michigan (6:17, 28 reps) so we're getting close to a PR.
-4 mins @ 4rpm (16)

*6 minute set felt decent, I could have gone on. Didn't really feel like I was working until the last minute or so. 

Conditioning

[0.25 mile] Summit Trainer @ level 8
[30x] Sit-Ups
[15x] Deadlift @ 185#

*3 rounds for time. 

-My time was 14:35

**This was a fairly light workout by my standards. I was able to complete all three sets of DL's unbroken so it was too light, but I don't want to risk injury so close the Atlanta meet so it will do. Just using these workouts to maintain my metabolic conditioning and help me drop a couple of pounds to make weight

No comments: